The Hilda Fleming Fund was developed in 1980 by Margaret Fleming to honour her sister, Hilda Fleming, and is intended to financially assist medical laboratory professionals participating in continuing education. Hilda Fleming started her laboratory career at Winnipeg Children’s Hospital in 1925. During the late 1920s Hilda was employed at New York’s Flushing Hospital Laboratory. In 1939 Hilda returned to Winnipeg where she was employed at Trainor Laboratories until her retirement in 1968. Hilda was an active technologist throughout her career and was a founding member of the Manitoba Branch of the CSLT
A minimum award of $100.00 and up to a maximum of $750.00 is available to any member of MAMLS who is participating in an activity or event that advances their knowledge and/or skills of the medical laboratory profession at the discretion of the Professional Development Committee based on the completed application provided.